The New Moon is in Scorpio on Sunday, October 27th at 8:38 Pacific | 11:38 Eastern.
This New Moon heralds in the Hindu New Year with the Festival of Lights called Diwali. This celebration represents the victory of good over evil and knowledge over ignorance. It is depicted by the great Hindu myth when Rama (the 7th avatar of Lord Vishnu) returns home after being exiled for 14 years after he and Hanuman rescue Sita from the evil demon, Ravana.
It this 5-day Diwali celebration the Goddess Laxmi who represents wealth and prosperity is welcomed into the home with lights and Lord Ganesha is called on to remove the obstacles on our path. This holiday is timely in how it aligns with the start of our Halloween Season, Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead) and the Pagan holiday Samhain.
All of these celebrations take place when the veils between the worlds are thin and the spirit world is palpable. As we let go and move into shorter days and longer nights with the Fall season we can experience the hungry ghosts moving about. This is a time to honor our ancestors and clear our own skeletons out of the closet.
However you celebrate this season, it is an auspicious marker for us, as this new moon offers us a chance to create a fresh start. The new moon in Scorpio focuses a lot of energy on our passions in romance and in regards to money and our spiritual nature.
Scorpio rules death, passion, transformation and the occult. This is a time to honor our own shadow and bring light into places we tend to hide.
Here are some questions to ponder:
- What bad habits are you ready and willing, and possibly already trying, to release from your life?
- What relationships have been toxic for you? Are you ready to transform them?
- In what areas of your life are you willing to grow and accept positive change?
- What areas of your life need more of your attention?
- How can you take time this week to make a fresh start and course correct?
- What ancestral karma do you feel you may have inherited that you would like to release? (This could show up as bad habits, phobias, limiting beliefs around money, or trouble in relationships…)
- Are you willing to make positive changes in your life?
- This season can often bring surprises into our life (for the good and for the bad). Try to stay open to whatever surprises come allowing them to bless you even if it has fear or pain attached.
Take a moment to decide how you want to ritualize or memorialize this season. To help you out in this regard, I have designed a FREE Guidebook to help you ceremonialize this season. You can click here to download my 10 page e-book right now. I know with all the globalization, distrust in traditions and religious upbringings many of us have lost connection to our spiritual nature. Now its a perfect time for you to create your own rituals and ceremonies. Click here to get some examples.
If you are looking for community to memorialize this season with, come on over to my Rebirth & Renewal Private Facebook group to Master the Art of Change. This season we will be honoring our ancestors and overcoming our own darkness.
May all beings be liberated from fear.